Paypal took too much money

Finchy2828
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Has anyone had this problem with paypal?

I placed an order on a Saturday for £248 and the funds were earmarked in my bank account.  The transaction was then proccessed over the weekend.  During this time £50 went into my Paypal account.  Paypal then decided to proccess the order and instead used the money from my paypal balance (£50) and take money from my back account (198)

The order was proccessed and the money from my paypal balance and back account was taken (£50 + £198) but the money from the first time they earmarked money in my bank account (£248) is still earmarked days later.  So paypal are witholding £248 in my account.  I am sure this is illegal, i have been fobbed off by paypal who have stated thet the money has been un earmarked but my bank insist that it still is.   

Who should i turn to?  Paypal are not helping and neither are my bank, they just keep refering me back to each other. What should i do?  

Rest assured this will most likely be the last time i ever use paypal.  

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, we cannot resolve issues such as this. You have to contact customer support direct, here's two additional options to try:

Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Jik1
New Community Member

Yes. Me too !!!!

3 weeks ago a bought an eBay item costing £389.00. 

Two days later my bank declined my mortgage payment due to lack of funds in my bank. There shouldn't have been a problem, but on closer investigation paypal had taken the above funds TWICE !!   I contacted them by email and phone 3 wks ago when it happened. They still havent returned the funds... amazing.... They are crooks and have no right to help themselves to my money like this.. (I believe it is called theft)

I shall be closing my account as soon as this is sorted out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.