Paypal refund - Customs charge

matthew0071
Contributor
Contributor

I received an item that required a customs charge.

I now want to return the item as it was not as advertised.

I have been in contact with the seller and they are willing to pay for a full refund, however when I go through PayPal to request a refund I can't type in a number larger than the item value. How do I officially request a refund including the customs charge which was paid on collection at the post office?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matthew0071

Why would the seller refund your customs fee? That fee is between you and the UK government.

So your seller only has to refund the amount you paid and then you can claim back your customs fees using info in this link and the form in that form.

I have returned the shopping, can I claim back my Customs Duty & VAT?

Yes if you return the items, you can reclaim any fees or taxes you have paid on your imported shopping or gifts. You use the same forms as above BOR 286 or C285, depending upon who delivered the goods. Remember to keep every piece of documentation!

http://www.myinternationalshopping.com/advice/reclaim-uk-customs-duty-vat-non-eu

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matthew0071

Why would the seller refund your customs fee? That fee is between you and the UK government.

So your seller only has to refund the amount you paid and then you can claim back your customs fees using info in this link and the form in that form.

I have returned the shopping, can I claim back my Customs Duty & VAT?

Yes if you return the items, you can reclaim any fees or taxes you have paid on your imported shopping or gifts. You use the same forms as above BOR 286 or C285, depending upon who delivered the goods. Remember to keep every piece of documentation!

http://www.myinternationalshopping.com/advice/reclaim-uk-customs-duty-vat-non-eu

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.