Paypal Credit Help - Installments and payment method error.

hannah141
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a Macbook and took advantage of their interest free with paypal credit offer for £849.00 due in 12 installments. I have since accidentally bought something with Paypal credit (Paypal rudely changed credit to the default payment option over standard debit on my ebay account). I clicked through too quickly and made the purchase. GAAAH

Paypal states that ‘When we receive a payment which isn’t for the total current balance, we will apply your payment to any monthly instalments due on instalment plans first and then in the order as specified in your Credit Agreement with us.’

Does these mean that I can’t clear the second payment without clearing my apple installments first? In which case, I need to do something to avoid Paypal charging me interest on my second purchase over a whole year when I could just pay off that second credit amount.  I would get a refund and rebuy but at this stage I can’t as it’s now non returbable.

On another issue, I made a manual payment to the credit account which seems to be sitting as pending. The amount isn't due until the 28th but I'd rather get the payment out of the way at the beginning of the month so I don't have to think about it. Does anyone know why it would be pending?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.