Payment made to Safecart

nataliegalloway
New Community Member

I two automated payment made out to Safecart I was not aware of this and would like a refund.

N Galloway

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

you should contact safecart for information about this.

If these are going through a billing agreement you can cancel the billing agreement to prevent any further payments, see below:

Here's how to cancel a Payment agreement:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My Pre-approved Payments' under 'Financial Information.' (Don't see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Payment agreement you want to cancel.
  5. Click 'Cancel.'

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money.'
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments.'
  5. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Payment agreement you want to cancel.
  6. Click 'Cancel.'

Login to Me Too

GFJ
New Community Member

This was a very helpful bit of advice and has given me peace of mind re future payments, Safecart automatically register you for auto renewal and make it very difficult to get into cancel this. GFJ.

Login to Me Too

TrishJ
New Community Member

I have just noticed from my bank statements that two Direct Debits on 29 December 2010 totaling £31.29 and then again on 12 January 2011 a further two more Direct Debits totaling £24.25 have been taken. I have not authorised this and would like my money back!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there TrishJ,

If you did not authorise these payments then please report them as unauthorised and change your password and security questions.

If you are able to log in to your account:
1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' at the top of your Account Overview page.
3. Click the orange ‘Dispute a Transaction’ button.
4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction' and click 'Continue'.
5. The following screen is for reporting the transaction IDs of any unauthorised payments that may have occurred, if there were none please click ‘Continue’.
6. Complete the form and click ‘Continue’.
7. Confirm that the data is correct and click ‘Submit’.

Login to Me Too

fayemarquez
New Community Member

A $29.97 has been taken out from my checking acct. w/o my authorization. I would like to refund this amount back to my acct.  Thank you!

Sincerely yours,

C. Marquez

Login to Me Too

Kesef01
New Community Member

I had an email from Safecart with about a months notice of their intentions.  I contacted safecart about auto renewal payments, using the phone number given in their email. It took me about 30 seconds to explain that I wasnt interested and for (Jeff) Safecart to acknowledge that no payments at any time in the future will be taken from me.

Simple. So apart from the chutzpa of assuming they could take it in the first place, the process was very much above board.

Login to Me Too

kaymart_1984
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a problem with both SafeCart and AskNet.com-> they both removed almost $60 from my account on to separate occasions. I have complained to Paypal, but they excuse the withdrawals, saying they are legit.

The thing is... I never, ever made any purchases from either of them. I don't have anything from those two sites or whatever on my computer. I want my money back - it's quite a lot by normal stndards. But they refuse to give it back.

I have recently emailed Paypal and threatened them with FBI contact. I hope they think sensibly and get my money back. I'm not rich by any means. I can't afford for people to go stealing from me. I wouldn't buy from either of those so-called companies because I looked them up on Google and saw more complaints than anything.

I want my money back. Over $100 is far too much to lose without complaint. I never, ever authorized a withdrawal from either of those "companies". And if they want to say I did, then they have falsified reports. Something.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.