PayPal taken money out

Mb991
Contributor
Contributor
I was refunded by Spotify and PayPal has still taken the money out of my account. I want my money refunded from PayPal ASAP
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mb991

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source. This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you get that payment refunded your authorised payment from your bank account can't do a u-turn, it has to process through to paypal and when they receive it then its credited to your paypal balance OR transfered back to your bank account if you paid using a debit card.

So you will get your refund ASAP when paypal have received your initial payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mb991

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source. This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you get that payment refunded your authorised payment from your bank account can't do a u-turn, it has to process through to paypal and when they receive it then its credited to your paypal balance OR transfered back to your bank account if you paid using a debit card.

So you will get your refund ASAP when paypal have received your initial payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.