PayPal Claim Taking Long, Seller didn't respond, Why am I waiting out of pocket?

ash_huda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I placed an order and didn't receive the merchandise, tried to contact the company no response, so opened a PayPal claim in which they advised me I have to wait 10 days for the seller to respond, if they dont i'd get a refund based on paypal decision.

The seller did not respond at all, so I contacted them on the 11th day and now i've been told to wait another 72 hours for 'senior paypal team' to review the case?

Why am I having to wait so long? If the seller did not respond in 10 days isn't that enough for PayPal to review and decide the case? This is really frustrating me now as i'm left out of pocket

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If the case did not close on the 11th day it means the seller responded to the claim. As soon as there is any update you will be notified via email.

-David R

Login to Me Too

ash_huda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for responding.

The seller did not respond as confirmed on the telephone, they first mentioned something about it could take up to 30 days? But once I explained to them I have recorded calls and emails showing they stating 10 days, they then advised me to wait 72 hours to get an update.

On the PayPal Case on the resolution centre also shows no response from seller. Not sure where I stand, how long I should be waiting or to start taking matters further

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.