Paid with Vanilla Visa gift card. Where's my refund?

mohawksk8r
New Community Member

I bought an item on Ebay and the guy refunded my money for whatever reason. When I look for it, it says 'completed', but there's no money in my Paypal nor is the money on my Vanilla Visa Gift Card that I used. I called and they said to wait 3-5 days. But, I have been reading online that people who used these cards NEVER recieved a refund from Paypal. I swear, I WILL  take legal action if I don't see my refund in a week. The question is, since this card is not registered with a bank account and it's a pre-paid visa gift card, will I get a refund or will I be forced to take legal action?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi mohawksk8r,

as per Vanilla's Visa card holder agreement :

Returns and Refunds
If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with your Card, you agree to accept credits
to your Card for such refunds and agree to the refund policy of that merchant. The exchange or return of merchandise
purchased in whole or in part with the Card will be governed by the procedures and policies of each merchant and
applicable law. At the time of any exchange or return, you should present both the merchandise receipt and the
Card. If you receive a credit, the credit may not be added to the available funds on the Card for seven (7) business
days.

https://www.vanillavisa.com/cardholderagreements/vanillavisagiftcard/VanillaVisa_GiftCard_AfterAugus...

If you still do not see the funds in your card balance after 7 business days, then you should call them again. 

Kwames_world
New Community Member

Did the refund come in if so how long did it take

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.