Paid via Mastercard via Paypal (Refund)

bohi66
New Community Member

Hi there folks I hope someone can advise me please. I purchased a piece of electrical equipment to and was taken to the sellers payment page which was via Paypal and the money subsequently paid into his Paypal Account. I paid with my Mastercard. I hope to resolve the issue by returning the goods for a refund as he advertises a 14 day no quibble refund. If he does not get back to me or refund me can I involve Paypal to resolve for me.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, you may file a PayPal dispute for SNAD (Not as Described).  Just look for the transaction, click on it and it should reveal option to file dispute.  You should only in of,e your MasterCard issuer if somehow the dispute imploded on you. But I think you should be fine.

Open dispute, escalate within 20 days to retain your purchase protection.  If you let the 20 days past without escalating, the case will close automatically. And you might not be able to re-open it again.  So keep on top of the deadlines.  Otherwise you'd have to call to plead to get the case reopened which they might not.

Good luck.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.