Paid after delivery.

JamieLB
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a mobile phone from a seller on eBay.

When the item arrived it was not the same as he had listed, so I sent him a couple of messages through the eBey messaging system. 

After telling him the problem, he told me that he was selling for his daughter who had told him the make/model of the phone and that he would give me a full refund when I sent it back to him.

After a few more messges, he said his daughter had asked him to ask me if I would accept a part refund if I wanted to keep the item. I said that I would be happy to accept the offer. But then I realised that I have paid for it using the "Pay after delivery" option. 

So my question is what happens next? I'm just a little confused as to what I would need to do. Do they send me the part refund money? And if so what do I do with it? Or do I need to deal with it another way?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm stuck as to what to do.
Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sarah

Hi JamieLB,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out.

As long as the issue with the seller is resolved before the Pay After Delivery date, then if you receive a partial refund, the outstanding amount will only be charged. Hope this answers your question. 🙂

Sarah

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.