Order Cancelled and Dispute opened but Seller doesn't answer on PayPal

Raffaeu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 14th of April I made an order online and paid using my PayPal account 900 GBP.
The next day, 15th of April I contacted the seller and cancel my order because they did not have the item in stock.

On 18th of April I got a confirmation from the Seller that my order has been cancelled and they will immediately refund my PayPal account. Unfortunately I didn't get any money so I opened a dispute on PayPal just to be sure that the seller will comply to PayPal policy.

At the moment, 20th of April, the seller keeps saying that the order has been cancelled but she doesn't reply on PayPal, only via e-mail and my PayPal account doesn't show anything.

Now, my question is the following, if the seller does not return my money, can I move the dispute into a Claim? In that case, how can I assure myself that I will get my money back? I use paypal since 2008 and I never had any problem, this is the first time that I have a problem with an order so I don't know how it works, hopefully I will get my money back also because I found online that this seller has a lot of negative reviews about reimbursements of cancelled orders.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raffaeu

Normally once your dispute has been escalated to a claim paypal give the seller another 10 days to provide a tracking number to say the item has been delivered and if not you should get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Raffaeu
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you for your reply.
Actually there is no tracking number because the order has been cancelled by the Me/Seller but the Seller never refunded me and does not reply to my message, she replies only via e-mail.

Hopefully I will get refunded by PayPal because I found already silly that the seller can hold my money for more than 7 days without any reason.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.