Online Chinese "toy" stores.

VinnyVanGogh
Contributor
Contributor

Its long winded!

I purchased a quadcopter rom an online store in China paid us$98 ( i think)  - the store then said - 5 days later - that they had no stock and could be weeks.  I requested a refund. I expected it to go back to PP - but  instead they placed my money into what they call "Wallet" - a store credit.  No  worries I am  going to redorder. And I did I added more $$ to teh wallet and paid us$118.99.After a long wait - the item finally arrived. boxed and looked PK, BUT having put it together and next  day took in teh garden to test fly it.... it was unmanageable. I later got a more experienced quadcopter flyer to test it.... instead of going  up and  forward.. it went up and backwards. Not expecting this he instinctively put out  his hand to fend it off... and  got his  hand cut by the propellers.

I  set up a complaint procedure with the store  its seems longer  but its  just about 3 weeks now.

Now this  next bit seems a bit like a mad auction.  The offered me just $30 in their wallet. I rejected.... it went on like this until they said OK no need to return defective item and we resend a new boxed item  new not used before! But can you pay$100. to cut it down  bit  my refusald droped it to $80, the $60 then finally OK we resend new item, but can you pay $2 for tracking number !

I agreed. Next day another eply and apology - would I prefer to  have $118.99 refunded to wallet... NO I paid in total $140.36.

Last  he says OK  we refund  money to your account payment sourse ( PayPal) Next day this was withdrawn - apparently his team leader would not sanction it. And thats it...  two days and no replies from them.

During all this somehow it ended up on two "tickets" then I had a reply taht said " This ticket to  be closed - its duplicate" and  that went invisible and  so did their reply to keep teh defective item!

Bearing in miung they know it would cost about  £30 - £40 to send  it back to Chiina which knocks a lump out the $140.36 I paid

I have a load of screen grabs after teh other ticket andits history was closed and I also saveed the full webpage with teh other offers.

Apparently there are a truck load of similar complaints - but nobody ever mentyions getting a PP dispute procedure to get their money back.

Their last two "offers" do not mention  any return the items conditions - which leads me to think somebody still  knows it was made or  are "dealing it out" leaving  just the refund  options - which I accepted !  But  in my mind.. last offer on teh table means if no return is mentioned - they accept their own clause.

Right so..

Q: Will a PP dispute be viable to get some or all my money back or can the Chinese store just ignore everything?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jessica

Hi VinnyVanGogh,

Thanks for posting in the forum and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  

If I understand correctly, the payment for the item was sent in two separate instalments and in that case, the purchases wouldn't be covered under our Buyer Protection policy, I am afraid.

If the payment was sent in one instalment, you can open a dispute through PayPal for item not as described. Keep in mind that you would be required to return the item to the seller and to provide proof of delivery in order to be eligible for a refund. You can find more about Buyer Protection here 

Hope this helps.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

VinnyVanGogh
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was not actually two installments as in a "hire purchase"  or buy now- pay 12 monthly payment type purchase.

I mad a payment for an item  which was not marked on their website as being out of stock... but after a week with no action I contacted to be told it was out of stock and  not known when back in stock.

I asked for a cancellation of the order and refund.  This was the  first time I used any online store in China/Hong Kong and I expected a refund back to my paypal account/bank.   I was told later my order was cancelled and refund made to "Wallet" which is a store credit.

Making a new order I needed tp pay an addition us$19 - us$20.  WHich came from my PP account.

So if I understand what you say and PP  180 day period in which to make a claim - then can I  use PP buyer protection to dispute the original payment refund to store credit for the item  that was not in stock - on the basis of that alone and ignore  the credits use in a second transaction?   In fact  they  say the the extra payment will be returned to my PP.

They have admitted they  send out items that have been returned as defective and the recived item was not as described ie.. a aircraft that cannot fly under control...is not a functioning aircraft -its a dangerous liability.

I was offered a full refund back to PP - but  next day I was told  it  was not possible because money was used from the store credit! - which as I have stated... was not asked for my acceptance.

Now it seems  I am expected to  make another purchase for something I no longer want and which is likely to be defective and face  another two months or trying to get  something that works as described!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.