Not receiveng the purchased item and nobody can help

nadya_kats
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I need to say that it`s a first time I meet here the problem like that. I buy for 3 years, no problem, but this case is something special.

on 25th of March I had purchased a bag from a seller.

The seller`s sent the bag via Yodel and has shown the tracking number. But the bag has not come, I sent a message - no response. I opened a case - again nothing, no reaction, no bag, no message. The Yodel website shows that item has been delivered but to whom and where - doesn`t show.

I have received the email from eBay that my case has been closed without the refunding the money:

However, after reviewing the tracking information provided by the seller, we have closed this case in their favour. This is because the tracking information shows that the item was delivered to your location on 29th of March, 2016.

Here are the tracking details provided by the seller:

• Tracking Number:... (I hid it)

• Postal Carrier:YODEL

Then I decided to call Yodel and they said:

The tracking number and a name on this parcel were NOT MINE even! So it means that the seller sent this bag to someone and somewhere else!

I spoke about it with eBay customer service and they advised to contact seller by phone. I called him he said he doesn`t hear me and later turned his phone off.

People in eBay community advised me to open a claim on PayPal as they work properly with the claims not automated. I did that, opened a case here and received today exactly the same answer:

The seller has provided delivery tracking information in response to your claim. We used the delivery company's online tracking service and found that it confirms delivery of the item. As a result, this claim has been closed. We're happy we were able to help you resolve this issue.  

So it means I can sell some item, send it to myself for example and show ANY tracking number??

And nobody can undestand that? As I think PayPal could ask that seller to sent them the post label with my address. He could not do that!

The money is not important actually. But I feel myself unprotected anymore here.

Please advise something.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadya_kats

Did you put all that information on the paypal dispute BEFORE you escalated it to a claim?

If not then PHONE customer services and appeal it.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Then if you still don't have any luck contact the seller again and tell him that as you have proof the tracking number does not prove the item went to YOUR address (if that was the case) then you are going to take him to the small claims court and see if that gets you your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadya_kats

Did you put all that information on the paypal dispute BEFORE you escalated it to a claim?

If not then PHONE customer services and appeal it.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Then if you still don't have any luck contact the seller again and tell him that as you have proof the tracking number does not prove the item went to YOUR address (if that was the case) then you are going to take him to the small claims court and see if that gets you your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nadya_kats
Contributor
Contributor

Yes of course I did put exactly the same information into the case when I was opening it

I`ll try to call again. Because before they said me when I`d chosen some options that the claim has been closed

Thank you

Login to Me Too

nadya_kats
Contributor
Contributor

WOW

that worked great!!

Thank you:

Dear NADEZDA KATS,

We've investigated your claim for the below transaction and we're glad to let you know that we've decided in your favour.

You'll receive a refund. It should reflect in your PayPal balance within 5 working days, if not sooner. If you paid with a card, the money will be refunded to your card, but depending on your card issuer it may take up to 30 days to appear on your card statement.

• Claim number: PP-004-783-020-042
  • Seller's name: Samuel Foster
  • Transaction amount: -£12.11 GBP
  • Transaction date: 25 March 2016

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.