No escalate to claim button!

E117
Contributor
Contributor

there is no escalate to a claim button.. i've used it several times before so know how it all works, this time, however, it just isnt there... really annoying as i'm likely to lose money if i cant escalate to a claim.. thanks again paypal!! any help appreciated..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there E117,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

When you open a dispute for Item Not Received, you can escalate it to a claim only after 7 days from the date of the purchase and within 180 days from that same date if the dispute is still open. If the button does not appear due to technical issues, you can contact our Customer Service from 8am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday; 8am to 6.30pm Saturday; 9am to 6.30pm Sunday on 0800 358 7911 and ask the team to escalate it manually on your behalf. 

Hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Normak43
New Community Member

I too have this Problem and am getting nowhere fast. Trying to get any help from anyone is nigh impossible, so sick of it all! they tell you to phone, £2.00 per minute and having to wait in a queue while they rack up the charges, I don't think so! so I'm having to lose £36.00 for an item which never arrived, so very angry!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Normak43,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue escalating your case. Calling is the best option when you find yourself in a situation like this but our phone number is free to call in the UK. You will fine it by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.