No Refund. No Paypal history. Please Help

davidfelix1905
Contributor
Contributor

I made a case claim from ebay because of a computer that was never sent to me. The seller was shut down and i won the claim. Must have been some sort of scam. Anyway... I got the email saying that the refund was issued almost 1 week ago and on my paypal history i don´t have any information regarding this transaction. Neither the payment made on 24th of July or the refund... I payed directly with my credit card and it was not a verifed paypal credit card... but i got the email from paypal with the transaction confirmation and on my bank statment you can read "Paypal *Kushtia,4029357733,Luxembourg" I can´t contact ebay or even paypal regarding this situation. I´m freaking out because it´s almost 2000 euros. Please help. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then your refund should show up in about a week but it can take a bit longer for credit cards.

So i would give it 10 days and if its not in your account by then then contact customer services and ask them to track it.

As you can't call very easily where you are you may find it easier to try >>>>

contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Also next time you post if you have to its always best to say what country you are actually in as paypal is country specific a lot of the time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You say you paid with your credit card and then go on to say its not showing on your bank statement.

So how did you pay credit or debit card and if you paid direct and did not log into paypal during the payment process then can you confirm you paid as a guest buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidfelix1905
Contributor
Contributor

It is showing on my bank statement as "Paypal *Kushtia,4029357733,Luxembourg". I have been billed with this amount. But it is not showing in my paypal statement. I paid as a guest. Is it normal? When i click on the ebay "view paypal transaction" it just sends me to the paypal home page. There is no record of the transaction. The only proof that i have is the email from paypal confirming the original transaction and my bank statement. What should i do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So i take it as you have not confirmed that it was a debit card.

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidfelix1905
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was made through my credit card directly. Shouldn´t there be a transaction record or information in my paypal account? How can i confirm the status "completed" if there is no record of the transaction from paypal? I was debited 1 dollar and credited immediately in my credit card statement, but in my paypal account there is no record of this or the original transaction. This is why i´m worried. Thanks for your help. I´m kind of worried because it´s alot of money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK you are still confusing me.

You are still talking about bank accounts and credit cards.....................which is it.

Then you are talking in dollars and this is the UK forum not the US one.

In the UK we have a debit card linked to a bank and a credit card is not.

As i said if you paid as a GUEST PAYER with a card then it won't show in your paypal account but it will go straight back to your card as per my advice above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidfelix1905
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. I´m from Portugal, but i live in Qatar. I paid with a credit card from my bank account here in qatar. The credit card and the debit card are from the same bank account. My bank account. I have a paypal account, but this qatar credit card was not verifed by paypal. So the payment was made as a guest. I have other credit cards from my bank account in portugal that are paypal verified and that i use frequently but i did not use them for this transaction. I am worried because i see all my paypal transaction history but i don´t see this one that i made as a guest. Now i understand that it is normal when you pay as a guest to not have a record in your paypal history... so how can i keep track of a refund when i make the transaction as a guest? should i contact my bank here in qatar after 1 week it the refund is not issued? Thanks for the response and sorry for not explaining well. English isn´t my best language 🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then your refund should show up in about a week but it can take a bit longer for credit cards.

So i would give it 10 days and if its not in your account by then then contact customer services and ask them to track it.

As you can't call very easily where you are you may find it easier to try >>>>

contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Also next time you post if you have to its always best to say what country you are actually in as paypal is country specific a lot of the time.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.