My dispute failed?????

Obzidial
Contributor
Contributor

So today i logged onto paypal and saw that my dispute where a chinese guy's chargeback actually got accepted, I gave legitamate proof that i gave him the item (virtual item, on a steam game) and yet they still took my money and even charged me fees, i want my money back and if theres anything i can do pls help

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have no seller protection for intangible items, however normally the buyer doesnt either.

Was it a chargeback intiated by the buyers credit card? In that case paypal have to do what the c.c. company say but you would probably have had seller protection if it had been a tangible item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Obzidial
Contributor
Contributor

no it wasnt a credit card chargeback and this guy has been known to charge back alot, it says on steamrep (steams website of scammers) and on his wall people call him a scammer and i even give paypal history of the trade and yet they dont do **bleep**all

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Weird, i would contact paypal again and ask why they have gone against their own rules and refunded someone for an item where there was no buyer protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Obzidial
Contributor
Contributor

how to do that?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact us bottom of any of paypal pages.

1. Email >  put in what has happened with transaction number, if you get an auto-response then respond to it and you should get a person next time.

2. contact us >  Put account probs in search and phone number given > do not say or select any options just hang on till you get an agent.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Obzidial
Contributor
Contributor

yeah i emailed them and nothing happened, as expected from a **bleep**ty company run by idiots.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.