Monarch flight booked for 2018 paid by using Paypal

Pimpumpam
New Community Member

Can I claim back this flight payment which I booked in August 2017 as the airline has gone bust? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

KMMCKENNA
Contributor
Contributor

As long as the payment was made 180 days ago or less you can. You need to ring PayPal direct so they can sort the dispute, when you get to the automated bit keep saying 'speak to an agent', this will put you through to a real person. Done the same thing myself this morning and been told money should be back with me in 14 days.

Login to Me Too

kksea11
Contributor
Contributor

I also got through to an agent but was told I cannot issue a formal dispute until after the date that my plane ticket was to be used (October 27th). Now wondering if I should call back and speak to someone else. 

Login to Me Too

KMMCKENNA
Contributor
Contributor

Thats rubbish, they know they are bust so they know you won't receive the service. Some others are reporting that they have been told to ring back in a few hours as PayPal are a bit overwhelemed so maybe try again tomorrow. I got through to an agent who checked I was within the 180 days from purchase limit and then put me through to the dispute resolution team who raised the dispute for me and then escalated it as she knows Monarch won't reply and its now showing in my Resolution Centre. 

Login to Me Too

kksea11
Contributor
Contributor

I've just called back (awaiting call back) and will report back to the community what the end result is of my second phone call. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.