Monarch airlines

Leighmayhew
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, last week I booked a flight with Monarch airlines to the value of £91. Since then, the company have gone into administration and all flights have been cancelled. Does anyone know whether I am able to make a claim as I paid through PayPal? Thanks, Leigh
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Kim58
Contributor
Contributor

I booked back in February of this year to fly out the day after tomorrow, have only found out about the flight cancellation from a txt just had! I am worried I will not get a refund because of the time lapse, ie more tham 180 days?. Can anyone advise me please.....

Login to Me Too

Chamiguel
Contributor
Contributor

I have flights for January and on the Monarch website say to contact Paypal if your flight is for 15Dec or after

Login to Me Too

DavidH3
Contributor
Contributor

I too would like to know this. I bought flights for approx 1500 GBP in July.

When I try to open a dispute it says "You have already identified an issue with this transaction. Please visit the Resolution Centre to view the status of your open cases." but then I have zero open cases in the Resolution Centre and have not opened a dispute or anything previously.

I'm currently on hold waiting to talk to customer services, will update with what they say when I get through.

Login to Me Too

dcrichards93
Contributor
Contributor
I'm unable to reach customer services, but am in the same position and it also says I have a dispute open already. Do let us know if you have any luck!
Login to Me Too

DavidH3
Contributor
Contributor

I got through and they've opened up a dispute for me... On the automated voice thing where it asks you the problem just say "I want to speak to an agent" - that seemed to get me through. Was on hold for 20 mins before they picked up though, I think they're busy this morning for some reason.

Login to Me Too

dcrichards93
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, that's the magic word. I tried so many phrases and none worked. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

CatherineJofish
Contributor
Contributor
Lovely waking up to this - any news from those braving customer service be very appreciative - not yet got the heart for it - porridge first
Login to Me Too

Dunkmat1971
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem opened dispute says it’s already open but nothing in resolution centre. Emailed PayPal so fingers crossed !
Login to Me Too

SaraMcDonald
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me. Any news greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.