Monarch airlines cancelled flights

Costadelaluz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Does anyone know if I am covered by PayPal for the flights I have paid to Monarcj now they have gone bust? If so what is the procedure to claim. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was less than 180 days ago that I made the booking.
Login to Me Too

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was less than 180 days ago that I booked the fights. Best of luck !
Login to Me Too

Linda5
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned Paypal & when the automated line asked what i wanted i kept repeating Speak to an agent. I eventually spoke to one afttr about 7 minutes & they have initiated a dispute. Do not say you want disputes as this just was a dead end

Login to Me Too

Devaney1
Contributor
Contributor

Just received a full refund from PayPal for my cancelled Monarch. Excellent service.

Login to Me Too

Carocat
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a non receipt of goods yesterday. I have just had a reply advising I am not covered as I booked more than 180 days ago. 

Any bookings made in the last 180 days should be covered. Open a dispute for non receipt of goods.

Good luck everyone

Login to Me Too

squibbitus
Contributor
Contributor

Im so sorry, I booked mine in April and they only just fit under the 180 days - am wondering if it doesn't pay to book early anymore?  I hope you can find a good deal to replace your lost flights, best wishes.

Having said that, Martin Lewis  - moneysavingsexpert - has advice on other ways to claim via Debit card, how did you pay?  Credit card you can use Section 75.  Take a look on his site?  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2017/10/monarch-airlines-stops-trading---latest-info-a...

Login to Me Too

Carocat
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I have rebooked with BA . Have just found out I am covered by travel insurance. I am with Lloyds Bank and get free travel insurance with my bank account. Very pleased and surprised I am covered.
Login to Me Too

squibbitus
Contributor
Contributor

Carocat, oh that is great news, well done!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.