Monarch airlines cancelled flights

Costadelaluz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Does anyone know if I am covered by PayPal for the flights I have paid to Monarcj now they have gone bust? If so what is the procedure to claim. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

lm307
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - I'm also wondering this. Please can you help.

Login to Me Too

SIGNALRED
Contributor
Contributor

CAN I CLAIM FOR MONARCH GOING BUST AS I HAVE TOW FLIGHTS BOOKED.

Login to Me Too

Tim19
New Community Member

The CAA's website this morning says "You are advised to contact your card issuer, insurer or PayPal for advice on how to claim a refund."

Login to Me Too

tonywest1
New Community Member

I have tried opening a dispute with Monarch but when I submit it says I have already opened a dispute and it takes me to the resolution centre but there are no disputes open there. Anyone else have the same issue?

Login to Me Too

Holly2017Holly
Contributor
Contributor

same here! tried to log a dispute and says already have one open, i don't!

if paypal are dealing with this in one big dispute, why not make that info available?

or would that be too simple?

Login to Me Too

Holly2017Holly
Contributor
Contributor

it makes it look like there is a fault on the system but there is no way of actually asking paypal!

Login to Me Too

KMMCKENNA
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I've tried to lodge a dispute but get an error message saying another dispute has been filed but nothing showing in my Resolution centre. I've sent a message to PayPal support, I'll update here if I get an answer.

Login to Me Too

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
I couldn't open a dispute with PayPal on line it had to be done over the phone and they were great. They more or less confirmed refund would be processed and expect to hear back in 10 days. They opened the dispute and escalated it up straight away while I was on the phone. I feel optimistic that paypal will refund us all . I just can't find a replacement flight for less than 200 quid more per person !!!
Login to Me Too

Hannah43
Same issue. Says I have logged it but nothing in the dispute log. Come on PAYPAL be transparent
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.