Monarch airlines cancelled flights

Costadelaluz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Does anyone know if I am covered by PayPal for the flights I have paid to Monarcj now they have gone bust? If so what is the procedure to claim. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Filipe77
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It happens to me too! I don't know what more to do

Login to Me Too

Spuggie
Contributor
Contributor

If you click on the Closed Cases button you will find Paypal has closed the case. They say they are not covering tese issues.

Login to Me Too

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
I received my refund today. So happy and thought PayPal dealt with it really well.
Login to Me Too

Costadelaluz
Contributor
Contributor

Great news. That gives me hope, but not heard anything yet.

Login to Me Too

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
We have just seen a clause that says flights are not covered by PayPal for refunds. I spent over 2k on flights for next year. I wish PayPal would post a statement on here or fb or somewhere !!! We all need to rebook flights so need to know if we are getting refunds
Login to Me Too

squibbitus
Contributor
Contributor

Surfergirl

May I ask where you read that clause please?

Login to Me Too

surfergirl
Contributor
Contributor
I have read so much today...but it was under the refund bit....to get a pay pal refund you must have eligible purchase and flights are excluded! Hopefully PayPal will clarify !
Login to Me Too

KMMCKENNA
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currectly trying to get in touch with my CC company as I think Monarch may have had a Commercial Entity Agreement in which case we may be able to claim from our CC provided you paid on CC via PayPal. The charge on my card is down as Monarch Airlines rather than using my PayPal balance so I'm keeping everything crossed. I'm not holding out much hope for PayPal helping out.

Login to Me Too

squibbitus
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I know I paid with debit card so not so good.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.