Monarch Claim - Cannot load the claim in Paypal

Flopirencia
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a customer who booked a “flight only” after Dec 14th 2016 thru Monarch:

I've tried to file a PayPal buyer protection claim through the "normal processes". However, the claim is not recorded (I haven't received any email confirmation), nor listed in the queue of pending actions.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Holly2017Holly
Contributor
Contributor

yes, the link 'works' and it take syou to the resolution centre. but...

''You have already identified an issue with this transaction. Please visit the Resolution Centre to view the status of your open cases.''

this 'technical hitch' has been on-going for almost a week... i work in i.t. and have never seen a system problem take so long to fix.

and isn't it about time paypal updated their options in the dispute claim process?... they have been taking payment for flights for years but options do not relate to the purchase of a flight (unless they come in boxes and arrived damaged or one is missing!).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holly2017Holly

Just thought I would post it to let you know what was happening as I asked the same question yesterday and that was the reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Essaitch
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Having spent all morning trying to file a dispute online without any success I phoned as you suggested, held for two minutes then the operator resolved it and gave me a reference number in another three minutes!! Job done. Excellent

Login to Me Too

angryinBG
Contributor
Contributor

@zgraham wrote:

*RESOLUTION* Here is how to get your refund for flights only booked after Dec 2016, if you have tried to open a case online and 0 is showing in your resoltion centre.

Call Payal, say operator to get through to a human. Explain you need them to talk to the disputes team. Get them to open a dispute for you and escalate it. Look in your resolution centre at the same time you should receive a new message from seller notification. A refund will be issued within 30 days under buyer protection.

@zgraham wrote:

*RESOLUTION* Here is how to get your refund for flights only booked after Dec 2016, if you have tried to open a case online and 0 is showing in your resoltion centre.

Call Payal, say operator to get through to a human. Explain you need them to talk to the disputes team. Get them to open a dispute for you and escalate it. Look in your resolution centre at the same time you should receive a new message from seller notification. A refund will be issued within 30 days under buyer protection.

Thanks for that advice. I did just as you suggested and eventually got through to a human! He took my details and registered the dispute, told me to check my emails for progress and pretty well assured me that I would get a refund (not holding my breathe).

Call the help centre and hang on. They propose you press 1 and leave your phone number for them to call you back- DON'T, it may be a ruse,just stay on the line. 

Login to Me Too

Jules17
Contributor
Contributor

phone the customer service number - 0800 one and just keep saying 'Operator' to all the automated questions and you get through to someone -quick and easy but |i've spent all morning trying to log it online!

Login to Me Too

Jules17
Contributor
Contributor

see my post 2 minutes ago - phone the customer service - 0800 number and just keep saying Operator to all the questions - IT WORKED!!!

Login to Me Too

Holly2017Holly
Contributor
Contributor

as i'm out of uk at present, phoning is not an option. seems odd to me that paypal are unable to fix a tech problem after nearly a week.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holly2017Holly

Well yes, site does seem to be in melt-down at the moment doesn't it.

Have you tried this if you can't phone?

You can send customer services a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Holly2017Holly
Contributor
Contributor

this morning i had an email from paypal...

''Your message about a purchase you made on 14 September 2017 has been sent to Monarch Airlines Limited.

Please allow time for the seller to respond.''

it is still not showing in open cases on my account and the email goes on to say i must wait until october 26 before i can escalate.

as monarch no longer exist, how will they respond?

the info provided by paypal seems to contradict what i've read on here recently.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holly2017Holly

The cases are open they are just not viewable due to a paypal techie glitch as per my post earlier from a mod from the weekly 'chat' thread.

Monarch of course probably won't respond so you can then escalate the 'response' email is just a standard one sent out for all disputes and is automatic.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.