Missing refund and missing "escalate" option.

archies_goon
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase for a new laptop with an online retailer. Unfortunately the machine I was sent was different to the one I ordered. After having problems contacting them directly through email I opened a case with them through the resolution center on March 7th. I arranged to return the machine to them. On March 13th I was contacted to confirm that they had received the returned laptop and they offered me a full refund. I accepted their offer on the 14th, but it's now been over a week and I haven't been refunded (via paypal or bank) or had any contact from them. I contacted them yesterday asking if they could update me on what was happening with the refund, but they still haven't responded. On top of this the options to send them any further messages or to escalate to a claim have now completely disappeared. The case automatically closes on the 27th. I'm worried that if they don't refund me that the case will automatically close without me being able to access the option to escalate and £650 which I spent months saving will just disappear. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@archies_goon

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@archies_goon

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

archies_goon
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this advice! I was able to speak with someone directly thanks to your directions. They escalated the case for me (they advised that this was the best option under the circumstances), that the process would take 10 days at most and they were really reassuring. 

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.