Missing Refund

WildStar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a serious problem which I really hope someone can help me with please.

Recently airbnb refunded £884.02 to my paypal account.

This amount never reached my account, despite my airbnb account showing it had been paid.

Paypal refuse to acknowledge receipt of this refund and my account is now in negative balance due to this.

I have had endless contact with both airbnb and paypal, both of which say it is nothing to do with them and talk to the other party!

Also, paypal have confirmed "I can confirm PayPal have no chargebacks in place on your account"

Can anyone suggest where my money is and how I get it into back into my account?

Thank in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WildStar

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WildStar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass :), however it's not the answer I'm afraid.

The transaction wasn't funded from my bank it was simply transferred out of my paypal account to airbnb.

Hopefully this helps...

12th Jan

My paypal balance = £0.00

£884 withdrawn in error by airbnb

New paypal balance = -£884

15th Jan

£884 refunded to my paypal account by airbnb

Paypal account still at -£884

As it stands today both airbnb and paypal say it's the other's fault and refuse to investigate further.

I'm now left -£884 and getting almost daily calls from paypal requesting I pay off the negative balance!  

So frustrating and very worrying...

Finally, I just want to add that I did absolutely nothing to instigate the initial payment!

I just got an email on 12th Jan to say a payment had been made to airbnb and this nightmare began!!

Login to Me Too

WildStar
Contributor
Contributor

Update 2nd Feb:

Still not resolved and still getting hassle calls.

Any possible solutions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi WildStar,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

WildStar
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input Siobhan2 but unfortunately having been pestered and having had multiple contact with paypal your comment of "...we would be happy to advise" couldn't be further from the truth!

[Unless the advice you actually mean is, "pay us what you 'owe' or it will go to an external credit agency"]

Paypal have been obstinant and rude throughout with only airnbnb eventually willing to investigate when the stalemate situation was explained (and it has to be noted here that this wasn't necessarily in their interests [apart from providing good customer service and loyalty]). 

Paypal have refused point blank to investigate.

A lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.