Lost Refund, Completely Disappeared

OneAndOnly
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

So I sent some money to my mum yesterday by sending a request to myself from her account, however the fees were a little too high for my liking so I issued a refund back to my bank card.

The reason I done this is because I have lost said bank card the other day and I had the intention of withdrawing the money from her account at an ATM.

Seeing as though I no longer have the bank card (a new one has been issued and the lost one blocked) how will I get my money?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the old and new bank account were / are both linked to your bank account then it should still process through ok but may take up to a week.

If for any reason it did not then it would bounce back to your paypal balance.

If you had not sent a payment request and instead had gone to send money > family / friends AND funded it via instant bank transfer (and not a card) then the transaction would have been free.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the old and new bank account were / are both linked to your bank account then it should still process through ok but may take up to a week.

If for any reason it did not then it would bounce back to your paypal balance.

If you had not sent a payment request and instead had gone to send money > family / friends AND funded it via instant bank transfer (and not a card) then the transaction would have been free.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OneAndOnly
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your response. It will indeed be linked to the same account.

Also, thank you for the insight into sending money without the extortianate fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.