Just a quick question about refund

Cirelle
Contributor
Contributor

I've ordered an R9 280X graphics card from novatech.co.uk and after 3 days the order hasn't been processed yet however the payment was already sent. I decided to cancel the order on their website and was wondering if I will get my money back through paypal and how long it will take before this happens.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then if you have not had an email to say that the company has refunded you then you need to contact them and ask them to process a refund.

If you don't get one then you have up to 45 days to file a dispute for non receipt of item via the resolution tab in your paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's a few tips on how refunds are handled:

If you paid using your PayPal Account Balance or Bank Account, the refund is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance. Times can vary for many reasons, it can take from 1 day to several days depending on the funding source used by the party doing the refund.

If you paid using a credit card, the refund is credited back to that card. That process can take up to 2 weeks for the credit to appear on your card statement.

If you paid using a prepaid type card, the refund is credited back to that card however, as many cards are not reloadable, you have to contact the card issuer for assistance with getting the credit reapplied to the card.

Login to Me Too

Cirelle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. Another question though, will the company (novatech) automatically issue a refund to my account or will I have to request one?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is the payment in your paypal transaction history showing completed or pending??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cirelle
Contributor
Contributor

It says completed.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then if you have not had an email to say that the company has refunded you then you need to contact them and ask them to process a refund.

If you don't get one then you have up to 45 days to file a dispute for non receipt of item via the resolution tab in your paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cirelle
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys. Such a helpful community 🙂

Login to Me Too

Berniemac1
Contributor
Contributor
Completed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.