Item returned - No refund

wyattharris
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys

I made a purchase recently using a reputable company that accept paypal as a means of payment. I used my paypal balance to pay. Everything went fine and the item was recieved but I needed to return it so I did within 7 days as the company allow using tracked return. This is not an ebay sale its just a company that accepts paypal. There was nothing wrong with the item just too small for me. 

Problem is no refund. The problem is paypal dont have an option in the resolution centre for returned items not refunded

I can raise a dispute but the options are not relevent and I dont want it to be declined etc. The options given are not an authorised transation or to report a problem with a transaction, in which the options are not recieved or I received my item, but it is significantly not as described. The not as described means I have to select why it's not but again nothing to select for me to tell paypal I have returned it

So what option do you think I should select. Tried to call paypal but actually getting past the system to a person proved a nightmare. Shall I literally just choose anything within not as described and put some notes down?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyattharris

To be honest if you have said you have already returned it AND provided a tracking number then all you would have to put would be something like incorrect size etc and company agreed to its return.

But first have you contacted the company and asked why they have not refunded, does the tracking number show the item as delivered back to them??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wyattharris
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but they have now started to ignore emails, phone and even live chat so at a brick wall

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi wyattharris,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

Have you tried reaching out to the merchant to confirm that the item has been already returned? Usually that helps resolve the issue without a need to create a dispute.

However if that won’t help, please do create a dispute for item not as described and explain the reason for return of the item agreed upon with the merchant. Make sure to provide the tracking number and the link to online tracking services showing item’s delivery to the correct merchant’s address.

If the merchant won’t issue the refund, please make sure to escalate the dispute to a claim.

Hope it helps.

If you have sent a PM or DM to PayPal via Social Media, you will receive an answer soon. Sorry for the delay.

PS: You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.