I sent back item bought with PayPal for refund, Company says damaged, parcel co says not

Seffalump
New Community Member
Hi all, I sent back item bought with PayPal for refund, parcel hero says delivered good condition, but company says not 😞 Can I still claim my money back? The doors were sent back as I realised I didn't need them, and the company was happy under distance selling regs to receive them back. Thanks everyone 🙂
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Seffalump,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

You can certainly file a 'not as described' case for your payment in this case, as you have 180 days after a payment has been sent to report an issue to us. Here's how you can do this:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Resolution Centre near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Report a problem' section click the Dispute a Transaction' button.
  4. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click Continue.
  5. Click Find transaction ID. A new window displays your transaction history.
  6. Select the Transaction ID you want to dispute.
  7. Click Continue and follow the instructions.

A dispute can be escalated to a claim by either party within 20 days of the dispute being filed, at which point we'll investigate and decide the outcome.

To escalate a dispute, follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Resolution Centre near the top of the page.
  3. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  4. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  5. Follow the instructions.
  6. Click Escalate to a Claim.

We'll contact you if we need additional information. We'll try to make a decision within 30 days. To check the status of your claim, log in to your account and visit the Resolution Centre. At this stage, you'll also have the option to choose a partial refund to settle your claim in the Resolution Centre.

I hope this information helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.