I paid 12 euros for an email account, then unsubbed.

temp201808262p
Contributor
Contributor

Okay the email is tutanota.com

I subbed for a year (12 euros) and then made sure I was unsubbed in february.

Now again March 17 and they've charged (stolen) another 12 euros from me charging to paypal.

I put a dispute resolution thingy, and i got an email back just saying:

We’ve investigated your unauthorised payment claim.
We've reviewed your account and we’re satisfied that your account is secure and there is a consistent history of payments. We were unable to find any indication of access by a third party. For this reason, we're unable to proceed with your unauthorised payment claim.
If a product you purchased never arrived or is significantly not as described then you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Centre and be covered by our Buyer Protection.

So this hasn't solved the problem and I can't do another resolution option on that transaction as it says:

You have already filed an unauthorised activity case regarding this transaction. Please visit the Resolution Centre to view the status of your open cases.

So What am I supposed to do?

Close my paypal account?

Go to my bank and complain?

This is totally out of order.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201808262p

My only advice is  >>>

1. Contact your bank and if you funded that payment via a debit card they may chargeback for you.

2. Contact the company that took the payment and ask for a refund.

3. If they refuse you have the option of the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201808262p

An unauthorised dispute means you are saying that your paypal account was hijacked and used without your consent to make a purchase.

As this is not the case then any dispute would fail for that reason and you can only open one dispute per transaction.

If you took out a subscription you need to cancel it with the company and on here  >>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp201808262p
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but I have checked and I don't have any active subscriptions with tutanota.

As I said before I had made sure I cancelled my subscription in their settings page after I had signed up for a year.

Yet the very next month a charge.

Also tutanota did never show up as subscription in paypal, there is no history of that.

It's like a one time charge.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp201808262p

My only advice is  >>>

1. Contact your bank and if you funded that payment via a debit card they may chargeback for you.

2. Contact the company that took the payment and ask for a refund.

3. If they refuse you have the option of the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp201808262p
Contributor
Contributor

okay thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.