How to request refund from Paypal

sandyleung
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item at the end of July. At that time, I did not create a Paypal account.

I did not receive the item and I have been trying to contact the seller but no reply at all.
So I would like to request a refund from Paypal. 

I browsed a few web pages but they are not very understandable. I have the seller's name and email address on Paypal, and the receipt number.
What am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandyleung

You can still open a claim if you paid as a guest buyer but you need to either phone customer services and they will open a claim for you OR contact your card issuer and ask them to do a chargeback.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandyleung

You can still open a claim if you paid as a guest buyer but you need to either phone customer services and they will open a claim for you OR contact your card issuer and ask them to do a chargeback.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.