How long will my refund take to clear?

Jnugent
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on eBay and paid for it then the seller advised me it was faulty so they have refunded me. This shows in .y PayPal history but not in my balance or in my bank account. How long does it take to clear?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

sirjit
New Community Member

246810kelly
Contributor
Contributor
My refund says temp hold since 21/8/13, how long do I need to wait for my refund? It has been taken from my bank account yesterday! Thanks kelly
Login to Me Too

colwon88
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting since 27/8/2013 .I beleive it takes between 5 and 9 working days .Your bank has to send money to paypal for the transaction which is normaly sraight away  ,then when it is cancelled paypal have to wait for the buyers money to be sent from their bank to them which can take a few days depending on which bank and on what day of the week the cancellation has been made. Its a bit of a pain when you have money tied up in this way.I for one hope they can reduce this time in the near future.

Login to Me Too

Alandaxe
New Community Member

Its amazing that the banks involved in either direction are near instant. But PayPal still makes you wait as long as they possibly can. You know why...they earn interest on your money while it is sitting in their account. Not much. But enought to make it worthwhile for them to annoy their customers. Its wrong really and the FSA or some one should look into this. But hey if your happy with the PayPal explaination then its OK.

Login to Me Too

HitManHey
New Community Member

Totally agree! I am waiting for a £300 refund that was paid instantly. I can go to a ATM and take money out instantly... there is no need for these delays in transactions with PayPal. They obviously bottle neck transactions in delays and hoard peoples money in an account to claim interest on. When you consider the amunt of tansactions PayPal deals with this must amount to a large sum of money .

Login to Me Too

murati
New Community Member

is there not a other money comapany like paypal that dont take the **bleep**

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@murati

Plenty of others, try google.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

68camaro

Try Venmo, I really like it.

Login to Me Too

Jhay-R
To all who asks this explains fully why your refund takes forever before being credited back to your accounts. But purchase anything using your cards, in split second it will be deducted to your account
Login to Me Too

JESUSLOVES

Give it a few days! 

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.