How can you check an expiry date in a transaction?

Lee_Bo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 🙂 

I recently made an order, but the order was cancelled due it was out of stock. The money was taken from my account and the paypal transaction is marked as 'Pending'. How can you check the expiry date of this transaction? As im not seeing any. 😕 Is there maybe a more detailed transaction? 

Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Lee_Bo,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum.

When you bought your item, you authorised a PayPal payment to the merchant. You cannot cancel this authorisation, but the merchant might be able to cancel it for you.

If the status is ‘Pending’ in your transaction history, you can contact the merchant and ask the merchant to cancel the authorisation.

After the merchant accepts your payment, it cannot be canceled. After a merchant accepts your payment, the status is ‘Complete’ in your transaction history.

If your seller does not know how to cancel the authorisation, here are the steps they should follow:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click History page near the top of the page.
  3. Find the payment to be canceled.
  4. Click Cancel in the ‘Order status/Action’ column of the unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

If the person you sent money to doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be returned to your PayPal account, credit card, or debit card and all holds are released. We’ll send you an email after the merchant is paid.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.