Help?! How do I get a refund as a Paypal Guest?

danielleb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased an item through ebay and I paid as a Paypal Guest (Not through my account) as I wanted to use a different account which was not registered on my Paypal account.

Unfortunately I have not received the item.

I have tried to contact the seller who started off helpful but is now saying as far as he is concerned he posted the item so its not his fault and won't refund me.

I have tried to open a dispute but the transaction does not show up in my Paypal history, I'm guessing thats because I made payment as a guest.

When I get to the part where Paypal asks for your transaction number I can't proceed.

I have tried doing the same thing through Ebay but Ebay says that as I made the Payment via Paypal I have to use Paypals Resolution Centre!

I'm going round in circles!

Please help...

Thanks

Danielle

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

All you need to do is email us with the transaction ID and state that you need to open a dispute for ‘Non-Receipt’ on a one time use account. They can then manually file the claim for you.

Login to Me Too

deedee333
New Community Member

I did this too and need to open a dispute for item not recieved.How do I find a transaction number for the pay as guest transaction?Obviously it wont be on my paypal account which I didnt use for this purchase.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey deedee333,

You would have received a transaction ID in the email confirming payment. If you no longer have this email then you can contact us via phone so we can search for the account. Just click the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of any page and select the phone option.

Login to Me Too

LucyMarie06
Contributor
Contributor

I am also in the same position, yet the number on the email i recieved from paypal keeps coming up as invalid? Im already very angry i have been subject to fraud seen as both paypal and ebay advertise widely that their services are 'safe and secure' yet there have been so many complaints regarding refunds, counterfit products and people just paying for something the do not recieve. And then customers are at further expense for phone call costs and postage costs? Its a disgrace. I hope that paypal are able to provide me with a valid transaction number and a FULL refund and no further expense.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey LucyMarie06,

The reason you are getting an error stating your transaction ID is invalid is because the payment was made on an unregistered account so will not appear on your actual PayPal. If you don’t feel like calling us to manually file a dispute, then you can email us for free so we can start resolving your issue.

Login to Me Too

LucyMarie06
Contributor
Contributor

could you provide me with the email address in order to do this as i have already tried to contact paypal in several ways with no luck.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey again,

We don't have a direct email address. You can email us directly via the Contact Us link or for faster help you can call us.

Login to Me Too

kal74
New Community Member

Hi have u got ur problem with the paypal solved? And how please?. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Email paypal via contact us bottom of every paypal page > ask customer services to open a dispute for you > make sure you give them the transaction information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.