Hello I opened a dispute for a refund

Djjamz68
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I opened a dispute about getting a refund with the website I brought I called PayPal and they opened the dispute thing and they said 25th may the person must reply or I get a full refund but I have been checking the status and all it has been saying is waiting other parties response but then today I I went on to view my case and I see its closed and it says refund issued but my case is closed what does that mean I want a full refund!
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djjamz68

Presumably you have got a full refund if they say refund issued?

How did you fund the paypal payment that was refunded?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Djjamz68
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know because i was supposed to wait until 25th may but they closed my case already and it says refund issued case closed what does that mean?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djjamz68

I can't help unless you answer my question.

How did you FUND the paypal payment to the seller that was refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Djjamz68
Contributor
Contributor
I paid through PayPal with my credit card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djjamz68

In that case you have been issued a refund BUT it takes up to 7 days to automatically process back to your credit card.

It won't go to your paypal balance it goes straight to your card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Djjamz68
Contributor
Contributor
But at the top it says case closed refund issued but it says the claim didn't go in your favour? But they said they will refund me so?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Djjamz68,

Thank you for posting!

I’m sorry to hear about the confusion.

You should have received an email update confirming if the refund has been sent to you. In that situation as kernowlass has explained, it may take few business days for the refund to clear to your card.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account.

We also provide support via Social Media. You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Djjamz68
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I contacted them 5 days ago and they said it was a technical issue and I should be getting a refund back to my card and I got a email but it's been 4 days now and haven't got a refund and it does show on PayPal or my transactions on my bank
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Djjamz6,

Thank you for your answer.

If you have contacted the Customer Services, I'm sure the issue has been escalated and will be looked into as soon as possible.

Can you please allow few more days for the resolution?

I'm sure they will contact you any time now.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.