GET REFUND TO A NO LONGER USE BANK CARD AND BANK ACCOUNT

KH101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I got a refund to my Paypal account. Normally, any refund would come up on my Paypal statement and automatically went straight to my linked Visa Card/Bank Account. But this time, this Visa Card/Bank Account has been closed. Let's call it OLD Card/Bank Account to make it simple.

Can I just delete that OLD visa card/bank account and update Paypal account with another NEW / ACTIVE visa card/bank account? Then the refund will be automatically forwarded to my NEW visa card/bank account?

Or what contact details I can contact Paypal for further assistance?

Hopefully someone from Paypal Team can assist me here....

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KH101

Cards automatically go back to the card that was used to pay in the first place.

So you would need to contact your card issuer and sort it with them if you have closed that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KH101

Cards automatically go back to the card that was used to pay in the first place.

So you would need to contact your card issuer and sort it with them if you have closed that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KH101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass,

My associtated bank account has not been closed until next week for some reasons. The refund amount just came up on statement today so all good.

Thanks again for your very quick answer.

have a lovely weekend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.