Fraud: On credit card as PayPal but not PayPal itself?

Sas1984
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I received an email from eBay this morning saying I bought a $270 pair of sneakers. I didn’t of course and so phoned eBay who confirmed it was fraudualent. They advised to change my password etc and sent me an email confirming. The transaction shows on my credit card as PayPal which makes sense, especially as my eBay account and PayPal account are linked. The EBay customer service rep told me however that I would need to dispute the transaction on PayPal to get my money. So I log into PayPal that is linked to my eBay account (which is set up to pay via the credit card) and the transaction doesn’t exist anywhere. So technically I can’t dispute it? Any ideas?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello Sas1984,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.