Fake tracking number??

user1699
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all!

So, long story short, bought an item off eBay. It was instantly marked as dispatched and a tracking # provided. The tracking # doesnt work, Royal Mail website simply says it cannot be found. Now i know that sometimes it takes a short while for a new tracking # to show up in their network so i have already made sure to wait.

No change after waiting a whole day.

I am considering opening a case through PayPal as the item was bought with Pay After Delivery and i certainly dont want to be debited for an item that may very well never arrive.

I know from past experience that if i open a item not received case, if the seller provides a tracking #, the case then demands i respond either by saying i received the item and i want to change the case reason, or if i want to close the case. If this does happen, what should i do? If the seller provides the bogus tracking number, do i still have any way to ensure i am not charged for the item? Can i just wait for the case deadline to be reached and have PayPal look at it?

Any info on this is appreciated!

Regards,

Billy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi user1699,

I would recommend in this case you contact the merchant first to double check if they added the correct tracking number (we can all make mistakes). If you don't get any response, please contact our Customer Support, so they can open a claim for you. Once you dispute the payment within 14 days of the purchase date, we will hold off requesting the funds from your bank account.

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.