Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

claushaus

paypal has not responded to my dispute about this being unauthorised in over 10 days

Login to Me Too

Fifyfo

if you buy credit in any game go to your paypal account and log into your porfile, click on my money and then click on update in the my pre-approved section.  Update and click cancel to any agreenemts you have with a company so that they cant automatically use paypal.  When you load games and go I agree its giving them permission to transfer.

Login to Me Too

_xlaineyx_
Contributor
Contributor

my sister has had this same problem and she doesn't even have a paypal accout! She does not use ebay paypal or anything like that. The only thing she has is a facebook profile! How has this been able to happen to her even if she does not have a paypal account at all! Her bank gave her a phone number to call paypal direct and even though she is in the UK she was transfered to someone in the USA. They are investigating it and should refund the money back within 30 days. Her bank will step in to resolve it if it has not been sorted within 30 days. Each transaction was for £25 and there have been about 8 of them this month so far!

Login to Me Too

Thankyou
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the fix.

This usually happens when you buy Zynga poker credits via Facebook.

You should  login to facebook account wich you used for purchace of Zynga poker credits  -> ACCOUNT -> ACCOUNT SETTINGS -> PAYMENTS -> PAYMENT METHOD -> and remove paypal details from bottom of page

Login to Me Too

_xlaineyx_
Contributor
Contributor

_xlaineyx_
Contributor
Contributor

sorry that was a goof! my sister does not even own a paypal account or play online games so it  looks like someone has possibly hacked her computer and got her bank details to set up a bogus paypal account.

Login to Me Too

L1ttle22
This has also just happens to me. I have managed to stop one of the payments from my account but there is another three I have had to raise in the resolution centre. Has everyone got the mone back for these transactions or has this caused problems using paypal in the future.
Login to Me Too

unhappey
Contributor
Contributor

i just had 6 payments taken out of my paypal account all on the same day by a scamer, iwas lucky paypal got it back for me, so if you have a problem get on to paypal, 

Login to Me Too

123harvey
Contributor
Contributor

hi there i had 3 payments  from my bank to this ireland face book so i reported it to paypal and the put up 3 items in the resolution centre. in the meantime i called my bank and they are calling my debits back in so i will have the money tomorow hopefully. but theres another payment hasnt gone out yet and i cant do anything until it does so i ws told to check my account every night or day and tell them iimmediately so they can stop the payment going out. hope this helps anybody dont know if paypal will like it but as i never play poker and i refuse to let a hacker or fraudulent site take my money.

Login to Me Too

Benriggers
Contributor
Contributor

Help!

I just had this problem £53 was taken out by Facebook Ireland when I havent been on there at all. I've launched a dispute but this has made extremely worried.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.