Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

MarkMorgan
Contributor
Contributor

They manage to add their self to PreApproved Payments without me noticing or giving approval. Never, not even once I made a purchase on such. How did it appear on PreApproved Payments list no email ragarding it nor confirmation.

Facebook Ireland, Ltd. this was on the list. Shocked Smiley Surprised

Does this mean they able to hack into paypal or does paypal allow them to enter without notice and access anyones account freely.

Login to Me Too

Yamaplos
@Paypal_John: It's very cute of you to say that "I should have looked in what I was agreeing" there was nowhere clear that this was going to be a recurring payment. Honest merchants make it very clear I have dozens of recurring payments with different service providers, only once a problem, and that one was solved very fast, because that company noticed their info had not been clear. They apologized, made it right, and I am still their client. What Facebook did, and you help them with, is not what I expect from honest merchants. Shame on you! I guess I will need to start looking at small claims, if yáll don't solve this fast.
Login to Me Too

JulieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

I came across your forum in a search. I've also had money taken from my account without permission. I'm not sure if it's connected to PayPal though. I noticed money missing from my account when I looked at the details this is what it says on my statement...

FACEBOOK.COM*YWWW3  -£125.18

IRELAND

Is this the sort of thing you guys have experienced? I've never given my card details to Facebook or a company in Irealnd! I use PayPal a lot though. I've reported i tto the fraud dept at my bank. I'll let you know if Ihear any thing back

Login to Me Too

Danowenss
Contributor
Contributor

"take a monthly amount from your account and sometimes you can authorise them to take additional payments"

Now, they took 25 transactions or a number around there in a number of days totalling over £500 from my mum.

Surely it's some kind of fraud?

Login to Me Too

Sorcha
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You PayPal John. The most helpful piece of information I have had from a forum ever!!!! Worked a treat.

Sorcha

Login to Me Too

Fifyfo

I also had money taken out of my account to paypal for a scam involving slotomania.  You are told to buy coins as they are free but you get charged automatically on your paypal account. 

You need to go to www.paypal.com.au and log in to your account

Click Profile near the top of the page

Click my money

In the preapproved payments section click Update

Select the Merchant whose aggreement ;you want to cancel and click cancel.

When you download some games when you press I agree you are sometimes agreeing to make preapproved payments.  If you do this it will cancel them.

Login to Me Too

hugorune

Hello, did you manage to sort this out?, only i am having the same problems.

Login to Me Too

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

aafandia
New Community Member

i'm too... i have these strange transactions that i never know :

Apr 27, 2011: Payment To Facebook Ireland, Ltd.; Completed; -$75,00 USD
Apr 27, 2011: Transfer From Credit Card; Completed; $73,05 USD
Apr 27, 2011: Payment From Stephanie Ariyanti; Held;$48,00 USD

HOW TO SOLVE AND REFUND MY MONEY... OOOO... PLEASE HELP, HELP, HELP...

Login to Me Too

mzplatinum87
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had the same thing happen to me! multiple transactions amounting to $235 also to facebook ireland ltd! not very happy but have filed the unauthorised transaction dispute with paypal. I am hoping they could reveal how this was able to happen without my permission!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.