Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

Poundy
New Community Member

Just had 2 x $40 and 2 x $10 taken out of my account 21/01/2012 by Facebook Ireland Ltd. They had somehow gained access to the regular payments function. I have deleted them from there, changed my password etc and put an unauthorised transaction complaint with paypal. Wait and see what happens.

It's a  bit concerning they haven't been able to stop this considering the length of time it as been going on.

Login to Me Too

LFR50
New Community Member

I HAVE HAD 2 PAYMENTS ON MY ACCOUNT TODAY TO FACEBOOK IRELAND LTD £18.52 AND $28.70. I HAVE FOLLOWED OTHER ADVICE AND CANCELLED AUTHORISATION FOR PAYMENTS TO THIS MERCHANT (AUTHORISATION I HAD NOT GIVEN), CHANGED PASSWORD, REMOVED PAYMENT METHOD AND SEND EMAIL TO PAYPAL TO ASK FOR HELP. BE WARNED!

Login to Me Too

wado

Hi

I'm from Australia and had the same thing occur yesterday. I would lodge a complaint with the resolution centre. After that I am not sure what we can do...

Login to Me Too

Rastaman
Contributor
Contributor

yep, happend to me yesterday £3.23 taken out by Facebook Ireland, and the cheeky gits even set themselves up as a pre-approved payment. Paypal to their credit reversed the payment and cancelled the account. I dont have a FB account, so was concerned how this could have happend, then someone mentioned Zynga Credits. Well, i installed Zynga Poker on my phone and deleted it, but thats linked to my gmail account with a different login, so I dont know how they get access to my paypal account information. Why arent Paypal putting a stop to them ? This has been going on for over a year.

Login to Me Too

gh00000000stman
Contributor
Contributor

Just had the same thing happen to me. 2 payments for £3.21 and one for £6.43 on the same day. They had set themselves up as approved sellers, with no notification email to myself that this had happened. I did get emails about the payments but not about the approved seller bit. As someone said this has obviously been going on for over a year now and should have been resolved long ago.

Login to Me Too

gh00000000stman
Contributor
Contributor

How bloody useless are their customer services???? I just went through their website which advises that customer services are open Monday to Friday 08-00 to 22:00 and Saturday 08:00 to 21:00. I called through today (Saturday) at 18:57, a good two hours before it was supposed to close, only to get the message "We are now closed, please call back during business hours", and then went on to quote me the same times as the website. What gives??????

Login to Me Too

Yamaplos
same here. There was no indication anywhere that it was going to be a recurring payment, I gave a friend a one-time Christmas gift, and Facebook just charged me twice today - one of those times in the Phillipines! This is very obviously a scam. I have lost a lot of trust in Paypal and Facebook, will be looking for a different way to do my transactions.
Login to Me Too

alinoe

I had exacty the same problem on the 11th of february 2012

three 125$ payments in a raw to facebook Ireland

however all three payments have been automatically set in litigation by paypal

the last one was refunded the next day
I called paypal France

and the two other ones have been refunded after about five days

ONE CRUCIAL THING

one may hack your account if you use the same email adress and pass

that you use on an other website

In fact what happens most of the time

the hacker manages to crack your password on a less secure website than paypal

and uses the pass and email adress to connect to your paypal account

then she/he is free to make payments here and there to her/himself

SO IF YOU USE THE SAME PASS AND EMAIL ADRESS ON AN OTHER WEBSITE

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORS for both websites and make the most of it to increase their difficulty

using letters both capital and miniscule, and numbers (and something tha has nothing to do with your id, date of birth and so on)

Despite all precautions, a good hacker will almost always be able to find your pass on a badly secure website,

it's just a mattter of time so
it's up to you to delay the crack

and make sure the door is not opened to all the websites you have signed in

above all the one linked with your credit card.

An other option is to close down your paypal account which is not as secure as it claims
and prefer other safer payment options.

Login to Me Too

KosRus

Right now  -125 USD for Facebook Ireland...

Bravo, PayPal Cat Mad

Login to Me Too

parleycross
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the post that advises against the same userid and password for Paypal as less secure sites.

If you use the combination on everything, and login to facebook or something similar on a less secure computer someone can find out your userid and password and try it on other sites where money can be transferred.

I recommend having separate userids and passwords for financial sites such as PAypal and banking sites to what you use on facebook and other websites.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.