Ensuring buyer protection eligibility

Markparker97
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, hoping for a quick answer here. I am using PayPal to send payment for an iPhone 5s, originally advertised on eBay but not available on there any more due to the £2000 monthly limit on accounts. We have discussed the payment on eBay messaging so I have proof of agreement, what else must I do to make sure I qualify for buyer protection? Thanks, Mark
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi Markparker97,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry for the wait.

When you buy an item with a single commercial payment using PayPal account you qualify for Buyer Protection.

You can learn more here: http://ow.ly/R8U6O.

Hope it helps.

Anna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Anna

Hi Markparker97,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry for the wait.

When you buy an item with a single commercial payment using PayPal account you qualify for Buyer Protection.

You can learn more here: http://ow.ly/R8U6O.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

LunaP23
Contributor
Contributor

Could you also help assist me with a pretty confusing issue? After purchasing an item for $90 it was confirmed through Paypal and the funds were deducted from my account. Over 10 days later the seller contacted me saying, " New message from: rnanr-gzvcn4 (9)Hello,I send camera please send me a check for $90.00 I will wait for your e -mail thanks." I replied I was not going to send him a check and that he was paid. A week after the camera arrives I message him about technical issues involving the main screen when in picture mode being grainy and difficult to see when using, with no reply I sent him a follow up stating I would keep the camera as work started and I didn't have time to return it. Nearly 2 weeks later he sends me a $90 refund with the following note attached, "Hi this is Rab i like to know w ere is my payment for camera $90.00 please let me know how i can get my mony thanks."

Since then I have been worried about being in a fraudulent case, wondering if this person is playing some game to try and receive more funds? I don't know..but I have since requested to have no further transaction with this member due to saftey. The issue now is, this seller over 10 days later sends me a refund for $90 out of the blue requesting the I send payment for the item.....huh????? Help me...someone, anyone..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi LunaP23,

Thanks for posting.

This is an unusual situation. If the seller has refunded you and they have given the money back, they effectively now have not been paid for the item. It was, however, their decision to refund you. If they did not want to transact through PayPal they should have advised you of this before sending the item.

The decision on what to do now in terms of sending additional payment is up to you. You have held up your end by making the initial payment. Since there is an issue with the camera you may be able to negotiate a lower price with the seller. 

In terms of PayPal, our part in the situation has ended with the refund. This person wouldn't have the option to open any sort of case against you. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.