Double charged by refunding the buyer through original transaction after the PayPal claim.

techstudent
Contributor
Contributor

Hi to everyone.

I am new to this community so please forgive me if i make any mistake while describing my problem.

• I sold an item via eBay on 26th August and buyer opened an eBay case on 12th September after having some issues with the item. I resolved their problem after communicating through eBay messages and the buyer closed the case on same day. My money was held by the PayPal when the buyer opened the case and was released once the case was closed. All was fine till then.
  • The buyer started having the problems again with the item and opened a PayPal case through resolution center to return the item 0n 20th September. I accepted their return and they sent the item back. I received the item and inspected it on 30th September. All was fine so i decided to refund them without any further delay. I could not find a refund button in PayPal resolution center as the case was under review by the PayPal so i went to the original sale transaction (26th August) and clicked the refund payment button. I confimed that i wish to refund the buyer. I assume that my money relating to this transaction was held by the PayPal (Since 20th September) as this is the common PayPal practice to hold the money when a PayPal case is open but when i refunded the buyer by refunding the original transaction, the money was deducted from my PayPal available balance so my available balance went down from 3000 to 2700 (transdaction amount = 300).
  • My question is that where did the money go which was held on 20th September when the PayPal case was opened as the refund money was taken from my available balance? Is it possible that the money was never held by the PayPal when the buyer opened the case through PayPal (does not sound like PayPal)
  • I suspect that i am double charghed as I manully refunded the buyer (outside the resolution center) so PayPal took it from my available balance and the held money is never returned. I contacted the buyer and they say that they received only one refund and when i contacted the PayPal they did not give any satisfactory answer.

I appreciate you time and effort in helping me. Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.