Charged twice by paypal

ginevra-davey
New Community Member

Hi

I have been charged twice by paypal for the same item.  The seller has only received one payment.  Where do I go from here?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

jkdak
Contributor
Contributor

I am just wondering what I should do.  I sent a package out to be a buyer on October 31st, but the package hasn't been received due to it possibly being mislabeled media mail.  Yes, I know it's my fault!  However, I just don't get why Paypal is re-charging me twice for the same refund that I thought I was sending out to the guy.  The first time they left my bank account in the negative and declined the transation because I didn't have enough. 

Now, I have had $12.15 deducted from account and my bank account is in the positive.  I have heard from my bank that the $12.15 cleared from my account and was completed on PayPal or something like that.  However, I am just wondering why the charge for the refund still says pending.  I keep getting sent back and forth from my bank, to PayPal to USPS, but nobody seems to be able what to do.  I probably shouldn't be complaining since this is my fault.  I did send the buyer a message asking him if he got his refund.  If he's says no, then what happened to the $12.15?  I also have opened a claim against USPS but the postal worker in CA said that he hadn't received a package and that the tracking was latest in Denver, Colorado.

So again, I'm in the wrong and should just own up to my pathetic mistake.

Login to Me Too

786ra
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal steals money for few days (their software selects random victims) by charging twice. They then invest this stolen money in short term investment schemes and then return the original to avoid law suit for theft while keep the profit. This is well planned fraud/theft by paypal. All those moderators here and paypal representatives "act" as if they don't know about it or give other pretent explanations are actually purposefully decieving us the cusmoters. Paypal and its fraud squad should be sued. They have charnged my twice multiple times. ON paypal transactions ONLY one payment shows (so you can't dispute it) and recievers also recieves one payment yet bank is charged twice by paypal. It is done under the hood so that only those who check their online account daily know paypal is regularly doing this. Its a well planned fraud by paypal and I intend to make a detailed on it on youtube. An online petition to expose this is also being considered.

This was back in 2015 in Australia news:

This is from news.com.au 

FRUSTRATED online shoppers have been charged twice for PayPal transactions, prompting banks to investigate the error. Several people complained on Twitter yesterday that they had been double-charged for purchases. PayPal said in a statement that it was aware of the error affecting some of its customers. “We understand that impacted customers are concerned and will ensure all customers affected are reimbursed,” a spokeswoman said.“We apologise to those that have been impacted and are actively working with our tech team to resolve this as quickly as possible.” Commonwealth Bank confirmed their customers were double-charged for purchases made with PayPal. “This is due to an error from PayPal and we’re working with them to rectify this as a priority,” a Commonwealth Bank spokesman said. “We apologise to our customers for this inconvenience.” It was noted that this happened on the same day PayPal was fined US$25 million after it was accused of deceiving customers.

Notice how these so called “paypal moderator” pretend this problem does not exist. Asking innocent questions as the “has the seller has charged and received twice when really seller has charged and received ONLY ONCE” or check with your merchant or bank. When in reality the Second duplicate payment was secretly stolen by “paypal” whose well designed software randomly selects Victims and transactions and then steals the money for a while to be used in short term investments on behalf of the paypal. This has been going on for years as quick google search shows. If it was an innocent software problem a simple software patch would have fixed it by now. Its well planned scam by paypal and its employees. Otherwise why don’t these moderators simply admit and let their high ups fix this problem. They are all deceivers and they know it.

Login to Me Too

Internetlost
Contributor
Contributor
I have several over 3 months!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.