Changed by bank for failed PayPal transaction

Rogerb2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I was making a purchase in Euros from my card for a flight which didn't go through. The transaction didn't go through and I've been charged by my bank for a non sterling transaction fee, it seems I can't claim this back from my bank as although the transaction didn't go through the amount in euros has left my account, on PayPal it has charged my card and refunded me instantly into my PayPal account so now I have loads of euros in my paypal account and a change on my card for something that failed to go through, to make matters worse the flights are now more expensive so this failed transaction is going to cost me a lot of money. If the transaction failed why did PayPal take any money? Either it goes through or it doesn't, can I get PayPal to reverse this transaction so I can get a refund from my bank as they shouldn't have debited my card if the transaction wasn't going to be successful, they've just taken the liberty of topping up my balance which I didn't want or agree too.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there,

I'm not really why this has happened. Because, if the transaction was funded by your card, definitely... the funds should be credited back to your card as per the card process. You may try to get in touch with PayPal support and see if they could try and reverse this fees for you.

A kodus would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rogerb2
Contributor
Contributor
How do I contact PayPal though? Their help just redirects me to this message board or frequently asked questions, I need an email address I can't contact
Login to Me Too

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there,

You could go to PayPal website, Go to the very bottom of the page and look for "Contact" and then click on "Call Us"
Login to Me Too

Rogerb2
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.