Cancelled payment not refundewd to my account

alexandramwc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I attempted to send a friend money via PayPal and it was Pending. I then cancelled the payment because she hadn't received it through her PayPal account instantly so I sent it Western Union. I have not gotten the refund yet although it says + in green with the dollar amount. It's not in PayPal balance or my checking account. She has a NetSpend card which is the card that she has linked to her account. Is this normal to take this long?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alexandramwc

If you were able to cancel a payment it means they made a mistake with the email address you sent the funds to and could not accept your payment.

So when you cancel that payment  those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alexandramwc
Contributor
Contributor

That makes sense, I just wasn't sure how long it takes. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.