Cancelled funds have not returned to my bank account

lennarkivimae
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

About 9 workdays ago, my order from sportsdirect was canceled and my payment went from "pending" to "cancel". I want to know how long does it take for money to return back to my account. I've read it takes 3-7 workdays. But I've almost waited 2 weeks, and I'm not very happy about it. I would like to know what is going on with this. And I can't email the service directly, because the system doesn't accept my transaction id. So my best bet is here.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The bad news is that no one here has account access, only customer support can view details and advise.   The time for getting the funds back can vary, for example, if a credit card was used, it can take up to 2 weeks for the credit to appear.  Bank accounts can range up to 8 days, 4 out and 4 back.  Each case can be different.

Login to Me Too

lennarkivimae
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. It seems like I had to wait that long, because I just checked and everything is good now. Thank you again for your reply though. I appreciate your good will to help

Login to Me Too

Temp20240124cv
New Community Member
Have you got the money back now? How long did it take because the same has happened to me?
Login to Me Too

mcross
New Community Member

I am not happy about how Paypal is managing transaction disputes.

When a dispute is settled, there should be no problem to release the held funds when Ebay gives the OK.

This should not involved your bank account if your Paypal account is in credit.  When they hold funds, your Paypal account is reduced according to the money whch is in dispute.

They held on to a payment from goods that I have sold which the buyer claims he did not receive.  I since had to replace the missing gods out of my own money and now the case has been closed by the Buyer and Ebay but Paypal has not even sent me an email although they have lifted the held funds but it is not showing on my account that they have actually put my money back into my account.

How long does this take?

Mcross

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.