Cancelled E Cheque monies still taken out of my account

ffsake10
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an item not realising it had been sent via an e cheque .... within 2 hours the seller kindly cancelled the cheque at my request and i paid her again using cash via my bank ... two days later the e cheque although shows as cancelled on my activity has been deducted from my bank ... not happy made me over drawn had to borrow money so that i didnt incure costs .....can someone tell me when i am likely to receive this money back from paypal ?

Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ffsake10

When you click to pay you start the process of funds being transfered from your bank account to go to paypal.

When you cancel that payment or its cancelled for you those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ffsake10

When you click to pay you start the process of funds being transfered from your bank account to go to paypal.

When you cancel that payment or its cancelled for you those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.