Canceled a pending payment on Paypal

Goshan
New Community Member

Howdy, I'd like to ask about a pending payment I made to a website inwhich to buy items, for a game

After waiting for about 2 - 3 days for the Website to authorize my payment I canceled the order via their website which meant they refunded my money back to my account, However the money didn't exactly reach the company it only went through to paypal hence the "Pending payment"

I have my debit card attatched to my account and was wondering when I would recieve my money back from paypal

And if I would.

Thanks

(btw it's 352 USD, That's why i'm pretty paranoid)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goshan

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

HOWEVER the funds don't normally ''leave'' your bank account until the company capture the payment. It should show in your ''pending list'' of debit card purchases. So you should be able to contact your bank and ask them to release those pending funds as they are now no longer required.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.