Cancel a pending purchase

Godkissingsakur
New Community Member

I have bought something on Ebay in the morning and in the afternoon, I received an email from ebay said that the item I bought has been removed from the website and if I have paid for the item I should go to the resolution center on ebay to get my money back.

I did exactly what the email said, but in the resolution center, they told me I can not open a case for the item, then I call the customer service, they said because the payment of this purchase still pending so I can not open a case for that and I should call the paypal tell them to stop the payment.

But the problem is, when I called the paypal, I got the response that I can not cancel a pending purchase, so I do not know what to do to get my money back.

What should I do in this case.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Godkissingsakur

If its showing as pending / unclaimed then you can't open a dispute because the payment never went through to the seller.

If there is no cancel option (meaning the email address does not exist), then it would mean that the email address does exist but is not verified to a paypal account and so will 'time out' at 30 days post payment. 

But keep an eye on it for those 30 days as if it changes to completed (unlikely) then you would be able to open a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.