Cancel a pending payment?

molly_122
New Community Member

So I recently ordered an item from DePop and sent the payment to them through PayPal. Honestly, I feel dumb because I didn't see that the item was posted around 6 months ago, the owner not posting anything else for 6 months as well. I doubt that they still have the item and I've tried messaging them but I get no response. So is there any way that I can cancel this payment and get my money back? I'm new to PayPal as well so would it be possible for them to accept the money, but not send me the item? I just want to know if there is any way to get my money back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi molly_122,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

It's not possible to cancel a payment once it is completed but if you don't receive what you have paid for, you do have the option of opening a claim in the resolution centre of your account.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in the Resolution Centre.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
  5. Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

After the dispute is opened, you have up to 20 days to communicate with the seller. If you can’t resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim in your Resolution Center.

To escalate a dispute, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
  3. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  4. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  5. Follow the instructions.
  6. Click Escalate to a Claim.

I hope you find this useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.