Can people in Hungary pay with Paypal?

pjpawley
Contributor
Contributor

Can people in Hungary pay with Paypal? What do they need to do if they have no credit card?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there pjpawley,

We support services for more than 190 countries. Here’s how you can see the different services and products we offer in each country:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk.
  2. Click ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
  3. In the drop-down menu, select the region you are interested in.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

pjpawley
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions. Unfortunately the page you sent me to doesn't answer my question. My question is: Can people in Hungary pay with Paypal? What do they need to do if they have no credit card?
Login to Me Too

Dudet77
Contributor
Contributor
You have to sign up for paypal in Hungary and link a credit or debit card with your paypal account. Than you can pay via PayPal . Otherwise I don't think you can. You need to have a linked card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dudet77

You are replying to a post over 5 years old  !!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dudet77
Contributor
Contributor
Great stuff perhaps these posts should be deleted if that old.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dudet77

Good idea, maybe you should tell customer services that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dudet77
Contributor
Contributor
In the mean time could you please tell me if my replay was correct please? I would like to set up a paypal account for my sister but she is in Hungary. I know she has a credit card . I assume we go on paypal.com and set up a personal not a business account. And choose the correct country? Link the credit card with her account and paypal will check if the card is correct with a £1 transaction which will be credited back to her account? Not sure. I have done mine ages ago but in the uk not in Hungary. Also never linked credit card only debit card. Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dudet77

Yes she can have a paypal account and buy with a card but she would have to have a bank account added if she wanted to sell as that is the only way she could withdraw funds from her paypal balance.

HOWEVER you can't set one up for her, paypal is country specific and has to be set up in the country that the holder of the account is in. If you don't then it can lead to all sorts of problems.

Also if you tried to set one up her it would default to a UK address and you would not be able to add a Hungarian one.

Lastly >>>

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dudet77
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to send her money through pp on the friends and family option. Will she need a debit card for that ? Credit card won't be ebough?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.